NOTICE OF THE NOMINATION MEETING TO SELECT THE LIBERAL CANDIDATE FOR YUKON
Pursuant to the National Rules for the Selection of Candidates for the Liberal Party of Canada, the call has been issued for a meeting to nominate a candidate in Yukon.
The meeting is being called pursuant to the provisions of Section 1 of the above Rules.
Candidate Selection MeetingDATE OF MEETING: Saturday, October 4, 2014 STARTING TIME: 2 p.m. MUNICIPAL ADDRESS: Coast High Country Inn, 4051 4th Ave, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 1H1 Voting will start after the speeches. Identification will be required before a ballot will be issued.
Cut-off for eligibility to vote at this meeting, pursuant to Section 1.4 of the National Rules was September 11, 2014 at 5 pm PT.
Opportunity to Vote in Advance of the Meeting
An advance polling station will be open from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm on Monday, September 29th at Coast High Country Inn, 4051 4th Ave, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 1H1
- The same membership cut-off and identification requirements as outlined above will be in full effect.
- Those who have cast a ballot at the advance polling station will be unable to vote at the nomination meeting on October 4th.
Nominations are closed; nominations must have been filed to the National Office by August 22, 2014 at 5 pm ET.
1. Those Qualified to Vote at a Nomination Meeting:
- Residents of the electoral district who are members at the cut off established pursuant to the Rules for Nomination. Membership cut off times are set at 5:00 PM on a business day. Memberships received after 5:00 PM are deemed to be accepted on the next business day.
- Non-residents of the electoral district who became members of the association prior to December 4th 2006, and have maintained uninterrupted membership in the riding.
2. Provided that all individuals referred to in paragraph one (1) are:
- fourteen (14) years of age;
- support the purposes of the Party;
- not a member of any other federal political party in Canada;
- not qualified to vote in any other federal constituency association;
- While a member of the Party, not have publicly declared an intention to be a candidate for election to the House of Commons other than as a candidate of the Party.
3. Must be able to prove your identity and your address. There are three options:
- Provide one original piece of identification issued by government or government agency containing your photo, your name and your address ( e.g. Drivers License) OR
- Provide two original pieces of identification issued by government, government agency, educational institute, municipal office/agency, public utility or Credit Card Company that provide your name. At least one of these documents must also contain your address: (e.g. Health Card and Hydro Bill) (e.g. Fishing License and a Credit card statement) (Student ID card and a School Report card) OR
- Provide one piece of original identification issued by government, government agency, educational institute, municipal office/agency, public utility or credit card company that provides your name and then be willing to swear an oath and be vouched for by a qualified voter in the riding who has identification acceptable in a or b above.
4. A Mail-in Ballot has been authorized for this nomination contest for:
- All eligible Members (as referenced in paragraphs one (1) and two (2)) who live outside of Whitehorse; or
- All eligible Members (as referenced in paragraphs one (1) and two (2)) who are unable to make the meeting for legitimate reasons, and who have requested a mail-in ballot no later than 11:59 PM on September 20th via the online form located here http://yukon.liberal.ca/ballot/.
4.1All mail-in ballots must be returned to the Liberal Party of Canada in Yukon office no later than Friday October 3, 2014 at 5:00 PM to be counted.
4.2Any individual having returned a mail-in ballot will be ineligible to vote at the nomination meeting on October 4, 2014